There are few more traditional float patterns than the Avon. They are named after one of our classic English rivers and most anglers are familiar with their distinctive shape.
They are designed to cope with flowing water and strong currents so they are built with a thick, buoyant tip section and have a large, bulbous body toward the top end. In this position the buoyant body helps the float to ride on the surface and prevents it being sunk by turbulence.
The long stem underneath this body acts like the keel of a boat, providing lots of stability and helping to keep the float sitting up straight and riding true.
Avons are always attached top and bottom and are used for trotting a bait through the whole length of a swim. They provide good tackle control and line management at long range, even at distances of 40 or 50 metres downstream.
- Drennan Coarse fishing floats in the very popular classic Crystal Avon style
- 4 Sizes – 2.5g 3AA / 3.2g 4AA / 4g – 5AA / 5.6g 7AA – also comes with 10 FTD Barbless fishing hooks to Nylon
- lengths range from 15cm to 17cm (diameters from 14 to 16mm at widest part)- all contained in an 18cm FTD float tube (3.7 cm diameter)
- Clear or green tint finish, plastic constuction, easy red bite detection tips
- Ideal for fishing on flowing waters and strong currents (Please scroll down for more product information)